Wednesday, April 05, 2006

the hike

the hike

CLICK ME CLICK ME CLICK ME



just barely making it in for a wednesday post. I'm sorry everyone. I had so little time today to get anything together, but I figured I'd introduce you to one of my american friends who lived with me in New Zealand last year, laura.

This trip to rangitoto island was for the foreign exchange students at the university of auckland in february 2005. It was awesome. I'd show you the beautiful scenic images that I captured there, but it seems my camera holding skills were still in need of development (basically, it made me sea sick watching it again). Maybe later. When I'm a little bit more pulled together.

But for a little bit of history on where I'm at here, Rangitoto island is an island just off the coast of Auckland (the largest city in NZ). As laura mentions in the video it is a recently active volcanic mountain, meaning the large chunks of rock are the same rocks that we spend 5 bucks a pop on at rite-aid to smooth our feet down.

tags:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. Where exactly were you at? (I didn't read your post.) I added you to my mefeedia and will add you to fireant in the future. Add me!

My feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/EvansVlog


Evan (http://e-vlog.blogspot.com)

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you missed a day... i'm sad

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was from me, jul

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ups... I think it was that saturday after the pub crawl and I did not make it to the ferry in time. Well as far as I remember Alex crashed at my place and we woke up roundabout an hour before your ferry returned, just in time to meet for coffees : )

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. I can never remember my favorite movie either.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home