Sunday, March 19, 2006

the art museum

the art museum

this is the text link so that those of you who don't know to click on the picture can still watch my video.


I thought I'd try taking my camera out of the house today and face my fears because, as Neal (my first commenter!) said, if I don't use my camera it may as well be stolen.

So what better place to try it out at then the art museum? It's been a long while since I've been there, but this was by far the best time I've ever had mulling over old art. It was a bit uncomfortable for me to be talking to a camera in such a public place, and sometimes you will notice I completely lose my train of thought and talk in circles -- I think time and exposure is the cure for it.

This was a great exercise for me though, to take the camera and make a trip to a museum have multi-dimensions in the visit, the art, the experience. I've discovered that even though my trip's goal was to look at art, I experienced the trip to and from, the interactions there, and the thoughts provoked by the pieces. I hope you all can get out of it what I was trying to convey about my awe.
until next week,
bethany

ps. anyone know where I can get a cheap copy of final cut pro? this whole, iMovie editing is driving me bonkers.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job. And looks like you went home with you camera too. Keep at it!

2:14 PM  
Blogger schlomo rabinowitz said...

That was a great view of videoblogging. I couldn't agree more.

And yes, if you don't use your camera, you might as well just give it to me.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Dave H. said...

I really enjoyed this video, both as your perspective on art, your ideas about videoblogging, and a visit to the city where I used to live! Thanks.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Thanks for your thoughts. I am glad to hear that you were inspired and challenged to create new and to not give up on it. Your ideas made me think on this subject also. Here is a thought: maybe we are not taking our art out of anyone's hand... it is ours and always has been. It has been freely ours to use and to create with. Maybe our hindrance is ourself thinking cause it is different it is not accepted. But now we know now it doesn't matter and the gravy is it is accepted and enjoyed and loved.
Thanks for sharing.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Ashley Hodson said...

it's great to see another art student video blogger (we're both about to graduate i think?)talking about art and blogging and how this whole experience is shaping your understanding of the world...love it.
do more.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home