Sunday, April 02, 2006

the creative process



so without procrastinating any further...


It's a little bit different today. I decided to expore the world of videotaped writing sessions and discovered that I would much rather talk to the camera than write (go figure). No one can ever say that I'm a camera shy person, thats for sure.

Although its interesting how the brain works when we are trying to come up with something. Reflecting back on this as I was editing it I realized that I never make anything without getting distracted first. When I want something created, I can't just sit down and do it - I have to work on it, and take a break, grab a drink, make faces to amuse myself, and get back to writing. And I think this is the way a lot of people think and get things done. Nothing amazing ever comes to a person when they are (theortically) chained to a project -- its better to just give it time to develop.... a lot like a good wine. This is especially true when it comes to projects of the mundane and the agonizingly boring.

on a side note-- I think I'm going to do vlog week! I do not have a camera for the first half of the week (I loaned it to a good friend for her dance project) so I will be posting things that have nothing to do with the vlog theme (bet you didn't know I had a theme, eh?) but are more so that I have a permanent record of them -- hopefully you'll find them interesting too!

10 Comments:

Blogger Dave H. said...

oh yeah! watermelon!

1:41 AM  
Blogger Andrei said...

Awesome! Glad you got it done. Whatever it takes, right? I should try making faces to the camera during my creative process. Maybe it will help me to get some things done too and I won't have to miss the class ;-)

Are you going to take your camera with you to the wedding? You should vlog your I-do's (Picturing a bride with a camera in one hand) Hmmm... Maybe it isn't such a good idea :-))))))

Andrei

PS. Did you encode the video differently? Unlike your other ones, it doesn't start playback until the whole thing is loaded. Did you check "fast start"? Could be just me though...

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! i loved it! you are definatly the "special" twin

maybe i should just shut up though.... you are the one getting hitched.
:-P ~Jul

11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it is weird how people create, I am not sure "how" I am I just know that I can be a pain in the......well you know.. :)

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeeeeh Monkey Monkey likes banana and.... watermelon too???

8:48 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Fun stuff. Thanks for sharing and allowing us in to see part of that creative process and the funny faces too.
completelyknown.com

10:31 PM  
Blogger chris weagel said...

another solution is drawing a picture of a goat and handing that in.

as long as you've got the formatting down and cited your references it should be aces.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved all your videos! I hope that you'll carry on after you're done with your course...

Yay watermelon!

5:34 PM  
Blogger B said...

I have to think that editing this made you laugh at yourself, which I definitely do more of since I started vlogging, and it's great for me. So I hope, if it's happening, that it's great for you :)

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aunty B,
Dis is Sarah, I just wantd 2 say dat I loove dis blog its ma favourite 1 out of al of them :)yup
wel i gota go nd eat ma yumorana desert now!
cya mwah xoxoxoxoxox

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home